Dog Rescues Abandoned Newborn Baby

A place to discuss politics and current events.
Kinks

Dog Rescues Abandoned Newborn Baby

Postby Kinks » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:54 pm

A dog sheltered a newborn baby abandoned by its 14-year-old mother in a field in rural Argentina until the boy was rescued, a doctor said Friday.

The abandoned infant was found in a field with this dog and her newborn puppies.

A resident of a rural area outside La Plata called police late Wednesday night to say that he had heard the baby crying in a field behind his house.

The man went outside and found the infant lying beside the dog and its six newborn puppies, Daniel Salcedo, chief of police of the Province of Buenos Aires, told CNN.

The temperature was a chilly 37 degrees, Salcedo said.

The dog had apparently carried the baby some 50 meters from where his mother had abandoned him to where the puppies were huddled, police said.

"She took it like a puppy and rescued it," Salcedo said. "The doctors told us if she hadn't done this, he would have died."

"The dog is a hero to us."

Dr. Egidio Melia, director of the Melchor Romero Hospital in La Plata, told CNN that police showed up at the hospital at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday with the baby who doctors say was only a few hours old.

Though the infant had superficial scratches and bruises and was bleeding from his mouth, he was in good shape, Melia said.

The next morning, the child's mother was driven by a neighbor to the hospital and told authorities the 8 pound, 13 ounce infant is hers, Melia said.

The teenager was immediately given psychological treatment and was hospitalized, he said. She has said little about the incident.

The child has been transferred to a children's hospital in La Plata, 37 miles from Buenos Aires.

:aww:

How amazing is that?!!!
R.I.P Rudy....Heaven has one more angel and the night sky has one more star, the biggest out there. I love you xxx

Rudy
Caiman Moderator

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Newborn Baby

Postby Rudy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:57 pm

:shock: :shock:

Good dog!! :clap: :clap: :D

rachywachydooda
Frequent visitor

Postby rachywachydooda » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:02 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Missing Rudy so much :( R.I.P Rudy I will think of you every birthday.

msd

Postby msd » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:06 pm

I have always believed that some dogs are more protective of babies and children than humans.
Our dog Goldie would never let anyone near any of our cousins when they were babies and visiting us if they were left in the pram. Goldie would sit beside the pram, and get between anyone looking at the baby. Of course this was in the days when you could leave a pram outside.

Kinks

Postby Kinks » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Awwwwwww :D
R.I.P Rudy....Heaven has one more angel and the night sky has one more star, the biggest out there. I love you xxx

lilmissnaughty

Postby lilmissnaughty » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 pm

wow awww bless :mrgreen:

rachywachydooda
Frequent visitor

Postby rachywachydooda » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:54 am

msd wrote:I have always believed that some dogs are more protective of babies and children than humans.
Our dog Goldie would never let anyone near any of our cousins when they were babies and visiting us if they were left in the pram. Goldie would sit beside the pram, and get between anyone looking at the baby. Of course this was in the days when you could leave a pram outside.

dont you mean adults mags, babys and children are humans too :D

msd

Postby msd » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:55 am

Well I would hardly class some of my relatives as humans, but the dog would not let anyone who he knew should not be near the baby. He did this all his life until he died.
My aunt once left my cousin on the couch in our house, with cushions in front of her, on the couch (as you did in those days) whilst she popped into the kitchen to get a bottle I was warming, we could hear the dog franticly barking, when we got back into the living room, my cousin had rolled to the edge of the couch and managed to push the cushions off. This was a bit of a feat because the couch was one of those 60's ones that tilted slightly upwards. She had not been able to do this before, so sometimes animals are more aware of children and babies than we give them credit for.

rachywachydooda
Frequent visitor

Postby rachywachydooda » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:28 pm

aww clever dog :D

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”