gamemaker8 ..the beta

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

gamemaker8 ..the beta

Postby luna1sierra » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:33 pm

gamemaker8 (the beta ) is now available at/through www.yoyogames.com you must join site and test/use intelligently , please give it a test drive and not support.( it has built in help and that needs testing too )

Namo
Site Admin

Re: gamemaker8 ..the beta

Postby Namo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm an MMF2 user. It's powerful and simple, and its community isn't full of little kids. There are some good developers and games out there, such as Alexitron and his game "The Power" and a game on Yoyo called Megacoaster 2.

twj_888

Postby twj_888 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:08 am

The problem with languages like GM is that, you're not going to learn anything from it.

We use logic in everyday life, and by learning a high-level general language -- this may educate you.

I hear that RMIT University are about to start and offer .net video game programming units.

Set it up, this is fantastic news for both Microsoft and RMIT.

Sort out my problems and you're set, that's how easy the units will be.

It's not much harder than GM, and you'll be able to do more than just video games (there's unlikely a paying future for this)

Easy greasy.

twj_888

Postby twj_888 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 am

No professionalism, no passion that I see will get you a head.

Sorry for not editing my previous post.

I don't follow rules, I define them.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:30 pm

:teehee:
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Game Maker 8 has been released a long time ago now, nothing special, I tried it and it didn't interest me much, I'm looking forward for Construct rather then Game Maker anymore, the full release of Construct is going to be soon now anyway, once it does I will redownload it and use it again, it's far better then Game Maker imo.

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Ofcourse you can learn something from Game Maker. It's not meant for proffesionals, it's for people who want to be able to create games without prior knowledge of programming. For that purpose it's fab.
Commercial game companies use C++ for PC or consoles, flash for web games and C or java for mobile games. All too difficult stuff for starting and sometimes teenage game developers.
Programming is only one part of creating a game. A good programmer could make a really shit game and a crap programmer could make a really good one, it's not all black and white.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Dev wrote:A good programmer could make a really shit game and a crap programmer could make a really good one, it's not all black and white.

On the other end he could make a very good/useful program instead of a game.
Game Maker teaches you the basic of programming called GML, learn it and you're one step forward to scripting.

Isn't it written?

"It's the poor craftsman who blames his tools"

Don't know if it sticks well but many users on yoyogames make crap games but pro's of Game Maker like NAL make some worthy games with Game Maker.

twj_888

Postby twj_888 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Most people who use GM will likely become very proficient with their mouse.

Any twit can move a mouse pointer across the screen and just simply click on things.

Yes, there is some logical thought involved with piecing all of those objects together, and it would likely give a person some raw fundamentals on OOP.

I see words like "instances", "events" etc .. being used.

The objects clearly have attributes which the user must define also.

.net is not much harder and there's far more to be had than meets the eye.

C# is fine for commercial game development, in fact it is the language for the Xbox.

No need for C++ unless you plan on coding drivers or a programming language.

mistertimmy
Frequent visitor

Postby mistertimmy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Dev wrote:Ofcourse you can learn something from Game Maker. It's not meant for proffesionals, it's for people who want to be able to create games without prior knowledge of programming. For that purpose it's fab.
Commercial game companies use C++ for PC or consoles, flash for web games and C or java for mobile games. All too difficult stuff for starting and sometimes teenage game developers.
Programming is only one part of creating a game. A good programmer could make a really shit game and a crap programmer could make a really good one, it's not all black and white.

Yes correct i am a student of electronics (robots,...) thaks too game maker i can much faster away with the c# and c++ so u really learn of this programme...
U guys think only cliking? well games i make are writen in code's there are still no D&D icons for 3D...

A litle bit late but i just read this topic :hmm:

Return to “General posts about games”