Sonic 4: Episode 1

ClaytonPoweredUp
Caiman Moderator
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Sonic 4: Episode 1

Postby ClaytonPoweredUp » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm here to review Sonic 4...
It sucks.. end of story you cant simply say OH Its nostalgia and say its a good game. that doesn't = win, and I'm so tired of hearing that. It brings nothing new to the table, parallax scrolling is HORRIBLE, the music sucks. *continues ranting*

THis is just Sonic 2 with slightly better graphics and the homing attack... OH BUT WAIT.. I'm not done.

4 zones for 1200 microsoft points? Yeah... go home Sega!...

I'll write a more in-depth one later.. >>
I wanna be the one who fights for justice, I wanna be the one who fights for whats right!

Namo
Site Admin

Re: Sonic 4: Episode 1

Postby Namo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:32 am

I personally like Sonic 4. It's good fun, though not as good as it's predecessor, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles.

I spend most of my time on a Sonic forum that analyzes each Sonic game very indepth. - Sonic 4 is NOT like Sonic 2. Sonic 2's physics and controls handle very differently. VERY very differently. It's an insult to compare Sonic 4 to the greatness that is Sonic 2.

It's fun because it's fun, not because of nostalgia. This is coming from a man who has played and beaten each previous Sonic game on the Sega Genesis to full completion - as in, all emeralds. Speaking of, I like the special stages - they remind me of an old Arcade game called Cameltry.

It bringing nothing new to the table is the focal point of Episode 1. Episode 2, 3, and 4 will have original zones and more playable characters. Takashi Iizuka said that we will be very pleased with Episode 2.

Before you go and slap together what I imagine will be an ignorance-filled review, play the game a little more. Get used to the new physics, give the special stages a little try - ergo, give it another chance. There's a reason why several gaming publications have given it a score above 8/10 - and no, it isn't nostalgia.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:30 am

Sega were supposed to please the old Sonic players audience which I understand it will not feel the same, if you want classic Sonic gameplay play Sonic Rush, it is by far the closest to the old Sonic games, it's too bad I cannot play Sonic 4 myself since I only have PC and no consoles, so I'm gonna give those titles a miss, Sonic 4 can't be as bad as Sonic unleashed and it's predecessors I imagine, it's still one of the greatest Sonic game up to date by Sega.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:52 am

Sonic Unleashed was fantastic in my opinion - remove the Werehog and you've got a great experience. Hence why Sega's doing just that with Sonic Colors, which has even the most prominent Sonic Naysayers begging for PS3/Xbox360 ports - and the game's not even released yet.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank god you are not a reviewer. A good reviewer, like Namo analyses everything, good or bad.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

ClaytonPoweredUp
Caiman Moderator

Postby ClaytonPoweredUp » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Full Review right here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1398
I wanna be the one who fights for justice, I wanna be the one who fights for whats right!

Return to “General posts about games”