D Goalie by Glenn223

Glenn223
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

D Goalie by Glenn223

Postby Glenn223 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:03 am

I will be posting versions of this game here when I start it on December 1st as the rules say.

Good luck to every other contestant!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Re: Bally-maze by Glenn223

Postby Nicholas » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks.

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:55 am

From the name of your game I can think of a number of concepts so I'm curious what you will come up with :D

Glenn223
Frequent visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Glenn223 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Even I am very anxious to begin my game, but I have to wait so that i don't get disqualified :wait: :wait:

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:14 pm

Waiting is fun XD

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:20 am

I thought we removed that rule. It's absolutely fine by me if you want to start now, the whole "everyone must begin at the same time" rule is stupid in my opinion.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 pm

We didn't. It is no unfair. The contest officially runs from December 1st to January 1st. All other contests had this rule. If we remove it, anyone could enter a game s/he started and finished a year ago.

Glenn223
Frequent visitor

Postby Glenn223 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Nicholas, Then tell me how they cannot enter a game they made years ago just because of the rule of starting together. A maker can pretend to be doing it when he in fact is posting his steps in doing the game which steps were done a year ago, and then post it like he's finished it in time. The rule is there for nothing.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:18 pm

I know many freeware games. So do Namo, Lavawave and Dev. Therefore if anyone does that sort of thing, we would easily track the game. I don't think anyone would do that though. This is a contest without prizes, with the sole aim of increasing this forum's activity and add some new games to caiman. Most of the people who joined said they want to start and finish their game so that caiman benefits from it. Anyone who disobeys this rule would not be fooling us, but himself.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:37 am

That's not what he's saying. He's not talking about stealing or plagiarizing other indie games, he's saying this hypothetical:

What if someone was working on a game for over 2 years, but told no one? And then entered it in this contest? No one would be the wiser.

Regardless of that, I'd think we'd be able to tell if a game has just started development or not. There's a major difference between John's Quest and Cave Story.

Return to “Mini-Game Contest 2010”