Reviews

Nicholas
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Reviews

Postby Nicholas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 pm

OK, I think it's fair enough to share with you how I allocate my points.

Difficulty: Maybe the hardest thing to judge as a reviewer. Points are allocated for games that have an option to choose the difficulty. Games without this option may lose some points. Other games' difficulty is based on how well the difficulty is divided i.e. different stages with different difficulties.

Graphics: 2D or 3D? Doesn't matter. I give points in accordance to how good the game is in its respective graphic category. Basically, the things that fall in this category are sprites, backgrounds or anything that is included to enhance the player's visual experience.

Gameplay: One of the most important aspects. This category has in itself everything that the player can do while playing. Lack of important aspects in a game lose the game some points. So do important features which are implemented, but are either half-baked or bugged.

Sound: In this category, one can find every sound that enhances the players' auditory experience - from background music to normal sounds ex. gunshot. Points are allocated to games which make good use of sounds or/and are implemented well to blend with the game. High Quality sounds also win the game more points.

Overall: This is basically an average of the above categories. Normally, games are rated 50%+. There are no extra points allocated except from the four principal categories.

Hope this topic helps clear up some questions about my reviews.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Namo
Site Admin

Re: Reviews

Postby Namo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:04 pm

If you've read my reviews, you'll notice that I typically describe what's good and what's bad in the review itself.

Also, I will drop major points for games that have several art styles. This mostly includes, but is not limited to, games made with the MUGEN engine. An upscaled Low-res sprite mixed with a high-res sprite will drop at least 15 points off of the score. Also, if a game has detailed sprites mixed with undetailed ones, or just horribly drawn sprites, I will not hesitate to drop points on them. For this reason I opted not to review Super Mario Bros. 8.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Re: Reviews

Postby Nicholas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm

This topic's aim is to describe what goes under graphics etc.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Return to “Game reviews”