8. Vortex Fighter by Jeffrey Bonez Productions

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jeffrey Bonez
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

8. Vortex Fighter by Jeffrey Bonez Productions

Postby Jeffrey Bonez » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:44 pm

Vortex Fighter
by Jeffrey Bonez

Oh my this contest gives me an excuse to do a game I've had an idea for for a long time. Here is the story that I've drawn up up in my head so far. 65 million years ago a group of highly evolved dinosaurs named the raptorians were the dominant species of Earth they had space fairing technology and the ability to chart the universe. When a pulsar threatened all life all on earth they evacuated the planet salavgeing their entire race and all of their technology and leaving the lesser species' to die out. Their plans were to leave and find a world in which they could temporarily live on until the earth was suitable for return. However they chose to stay on the planet as the one they found provided far more natural resources. Mankind evolved here and became the new dominant species of earth. About sometime during the Mideval Times here the Raptorians world was threatened again this time by a wave of passing comets the only other planet the Raptorians have charted that have the resources they need is their old planet Earth, and so they set a 700 year course back to reclaim Earth and wipe it of its current infestation.
Which brings us to present day earth. The worlds top scientests have Spotted the incoming invasion force and have been developing a defense ever since it was discovered years ago by the Voyager 1 probe.
You are an earth soldier being trained on a new space fighter with the ability to transport from one spot to another in mid dogfight. Unknowing to you however you are about to be one of few in our small defense force.
Its on! They're coming and you and that prototype fighter are our only hope.......
Last edited by Jeffrey Bonez on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dev
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Re: 8 Vortex Fighter by Jeffrey Bonez Productions

Postby Dev » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:15 pm

Welcome to the contest :) Good luck

Jeffrey Bonez

Re: 8. Vortex Fighter by Jeffrey Bonez Productions

Postby Jeffrey Bonez » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:45 am

Here are some screen shots of how its going so far the red and grey fighters are the vortex fighters and the green ships are raptorians
Attachments
Vortex Figter screen 2.gif
Vortex Figter screen 2.gif (60.73 KiB) Viewed 17001 times
Vortex Figter screen 1.gif
Vortex Figter screen 1.gif (186.44 KiB) Viewed 16981 times

Jeffrey Bonez

Postby Jeffrey Bonez » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:59 am

I'll have an alpha version ready later this week. Some tid bits on the gameplay..... Moving the mouse controls the V tracker which controls the spot you can warp to this will help in covering huge areas at a time with only 1 ship. You will be able to drop plasma bombs and fire laser shots. The goal of the game will be to defend the earth from attacks if too many raptorian ships hit the surface the game will be over. My goal is to make this a very fast and different space shooter. As I said, the alpha version is coming soon...

Jeffrey Bonez

Postby Jeffrey Bonez » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:22 am

I've decided to post an update to my project. This time no new screen shots as I don't want to spoil anything until the alpha release which I still need some more time to complete.
Anyways some more info on what I'm currently focusing on..
There will be weapons and upgrades launched up from the moon and earth during the invasion these will include a freeze ray which will allow you to freeze huge incoming swarms and then fly through the frozen ships as they shatter in an incredible manner. Other powerups will include space turrets that you will have to tow and place around the earths perimeter to help defend against the waves of incoming raptorians. I'm also considering large beams that will emit from both sides of your fighter allowing you to spin and destroy multiple ships at one time kind of like light sabers. I really want this thing to be different from other top down shooters so any suggestions anyone may have about unique powerups would be greatly appretiated. That's all for today.....

Jeffrey Bonez

ALPHA VERSION

Postby Jeffrey Bonez » Thu May 21, 2009 3:08 am

This is a really bad Alpha and I didnt want to release it like this but im out of time on the alpha and I dont want to be kicked from the contest.

http://www.filedropper.com/vortexfighterversionalpha

jayparker

Postby jayparker » Thu May 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Eh, just noticed that are we using the same backgound image on our games? :)

Dev
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Postby Dev » Fri May 22, 2009 11:11 am

Don't worry about getting kicked out :) I really just wanted to know if everyone was still ok to do some sort of alpha and be ok with the 6 June final version deadline. If you think you need more time please let us know so we can discuss. Hey... I might need more time too! :teehee:

Return to “Earth Defender Contest”