1. Caiman Soccer by GenetiX

Mugen9s
Global moderator
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Re: 1. Caiman Soccer by GenetiX

Postby Mugen9s » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:47 pm

what is this the first time your in it for how long, one year is nothing when you've won it 7 times I say, although juve arent to bad they have won the scudetto more than us but depending on prestige and honor Milan are top trumps :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

anyway this is for another thread on another topic for another day so lets get back on topic...this game is obviously getting us reiled up (which is good and fun) what would be better if the game had online-play you think that could be added??
R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Well that's why I am aiming to get at least the third place to upgrade my game maker to make online games... You think I will manage Mugen??

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Genetix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Genetix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:17 pm

ahah guies ! :pmsl:

Mugen9s: well a online football game like this one is very hard to code online because the ball has it's own behavior (physics) which can be affected by both players at the same time, i.e when a player is running with the ball and the opponents tackles it.
But it's something I might work on later, for the moment I want to release a good and enjoyable single player football game. :D

Genetix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Genetix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:48 pm

Here's the 1.0 version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ofhtkymymt5

I'll release another version tomorrow, but in case I don't have enough time, here's the complete version.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:44 am

Hope there is Juve...

frca

Postby frca » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:08 am

Hi! May I ask you how is the game done? What kind of programming language or tool do you use?
For example, for my "The Piranha River" project, I used C++ with a few libs such as SDL, OpenGL, ...
Thanks.

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:33 am

Genetix

Postby Genetix » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:12 pm

ahah sorry I only included countries, but each one of them have their own characteristics, strongnesses and weaknesses. As far as I know Caiman is based on Belgium, so I included Belgium too. :)

frca: Sure mate, I used BlitzBasic which is a language based on Basic and has a engine (Blitz3D) wrapped on. If you know C++ you can for example wrap Steam, or use another engine instead of BLitz3D for example (there's already a few alternative engines available). :)

About the version I posted, there's a few bugs I noticed today while testing the game but I already fixed them, I'll post them as well as several improvments today.
Another thing: What is the colour of the shadows ? It's supposed to be black (in my PC they're black) but I noticed in some PCs they are white, and they look pretty bad that way. I'm now working on fixing that.

Genetix

Postby Genetix » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Ok here's the new version 1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhyi5vm4hxn

--Updated from 1.0:
-New alternative shirts when team's shirts are too similar
-New Options menu with new options and substitute of the old Configuration utility
-New Extra time in World Cup
-New HDR Effect
-New Crowd Sounds
-New Cameras now 5 available

-Improved Team Stats effectivness

-Fixed World Cup Crash
-Fixed start of match bug
-Fixed White Shadows bug
-Fixed Netherlands player names bug
-Fixed players numbers in shirt size
-Fixed Team's Stats bug

And many others fixes and changes under the hood ;D

Screenshots:

(This one was taken with new HDR effect on)

Return to “Caiman Crocodile Contest”