[WIP] Key Sound

mistertimmy
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

[WIP] Key Sound

Postby mistertimmy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Key Sound

I present my newest game "key sound".
In this game you must pressing the correct key's like "Gitar Hero".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Songs(already got) :

-seven nation army / white stripes

-sweet child o mine / guns n roses

-bleed it out / linkin park

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shots :

Instructions :

-arrows, press on the arrow keys

-light arrows, hold Shift + press on the arrow key

-A and D , press on the A or D key if the bullet hit the line and hold him untile he the rest of his line is finished (A and D i programmed azerty so if u got qwerty i think u need to press Q and S)

Demo : Download

Well i hope u guys like it

Grtz Tim
Last edited by mistertimmy on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Namo
Site Admin

Re: [WIP] Key Sound

Postby Namo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:49 am

You can indeed post a demo, it will just not make it on to the website until its finished.

So hurry up and post your demo because I want to play this! :scream: :mrgreen:

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:31 am

Yeah, tim, I am eager to play. Just upload it and put its link here. I've done it a lot of times...
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Welcome to the forum Mister Timmy :)

Like Namo and Nicholas already said above, you may post a demo (or Work In Progress).
That's the idea of the games under development forum, a way to show how your game develops and getting feedback on it from other forum members. Once you have completed your game, you can post it in submissions and updates.

Demo's that won't be reviewed and published on Caiman are demo's of commercial games. All games have to be freeware.

mistertimmy
Frequent visitor

Postby mistertimmy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Greath :D

Here i have a version that u can play "seven nation army" for awards
and a prosses of "sweet child o mine"

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instructions (haven't help yet)

-arrows, press on the arrow keys

-light arrows, hold Shift + press on the arrow key

-A and D , press on the A or D key if the bullet hit the line and hold him untile he the rest of his line is finished (A and D i programmed azerty so if u got qwerty i think u need to press Q and S)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://easy-upload.nl/f/xb25xZND <<<DEMO

Grtz Tim

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

But, I have a suggestion: Perhaps a more... approachable soundtrack. Trust me, the key to making a good music game is reaching all genres of music, all tastes of music. Many people may not like the kind of music included with the game.

And, a music game will be even more successful if you have difficulty levels and a track creator. The track creator would be a bit difficult, but for the difficulty levels, simply have buttons that say "easy", "medium", or "hard" on them, and have them be sent to different levels.

mistertimmy
Frequent visitor

Postby mistertimmy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:34 pm

well difficult levels thats what i already gonne do.

Sound tracks well i ad more then 2 so for al people a fun track

track creator, mabey but is very hard :hmm:

so thnks for the first reaction :teehee:

Grtz Tim

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Did you get rights for the Music? What about Namo and Dev, do you get rights to put artists' songs in your games? With artists I may mean Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift or any other populars...
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Typically, if a game is public domain, you dont have to ask permission to use commercial music, as you aren't making a profit. If you make a retail or shareware game, then yes, you have to ask (read: buy) permission.

As for me, if I make a freeware game, I'll ask someone to make music for me or make it myself.

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:17 am

MisterTimmy,

You always have to be careful with using anything commercial, even if it's freeware. It's the same with the many freeware games with mario, sonic or other characters for which sprites, sounds and music are used from the original games. Nintendo and Sega aren't actively banning fan games but they have every right to do so if they ever decide to. Rudy has always used to policy to remove games if the original copyright owner complains.
I haven't tried your game yet so I don't know in what form you use music tracks, but if you use mp3's of the songs ripped from a cd for instance, technically you are distributing music that you don't own the rights to. It doesn't really matter if you make a profit or not. It's all a bit of a grey area, but it's still your responsiblity.

Nicholas,

I don't have the problem with rights in my games. I draw my own graphics and compose my own music :) Even record most of my own sounds (quite fun trying different things to create them actually :)). I do occasionally use sounds and backgrounds/tiles found on the net if I can't make them myself, but try to avoid. This includes proper drum samples for the music. I take care using only the ones that are royalty free or public domain but sometimes there's no way of telling using places like soundsearch.

Return to “WIP - Software under development”