For a good start for mods

LavaWave
Global moderator
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Re: For a good start for mods

Postby LavaWave » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:25 am

All the official 3D Sonic games so far suck, It's like Sega is spitting in the face of the fans, They are just making them for money and not fun :angry:

Anyway my favo 2D 3D platformer to me in Pandemonium, Such an old game and it was one of my first games that I played too, It was hard but fun, Yeah.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Its a dead tie for me between Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (with the knuckles pack combined), Out of this world, and Megaman 2. Some of the coolest and hardest platformers out there.

What's your favorite Sonic game, Lavaball? Just wondering. I like Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 3&Knuckles.

I feel kinda disappointed in myself when I say SA2 is one of my favorites. Its the first Sonic game most of the newf*gs start out with, its the reason they defend the 3-d sonic games to death regardless of how BAD they are. :lmfao:

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:04 am

To me all the Sonic games I got to play were Sonic 1/2/3 + Knuckles and Sonic adventure 1/2 and heroes thats all, I liked Sonic 1/2/3 + Knuckles but the 3D ones became boring, They felt like an RPG game due to those City levels where you must go and talk to random people to advance.

by the by I don't I want to play another Sonic 3D game as from the reviews I read on Sonic 2006 it sucked balls, Sega doesn't seem to care.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:00 pm

What Sega SHOULD do is make High-res/High-def remakes of Sonic Adventures 1 and 2. Then I'd be back in their good graces, and I'm sure a ton of other people would.

Oh, hey, I see you like Sonic 2. A fan made project is going on right now, and they are remaking it in 4 times the resolution. It looks good, professional, and most of all, worthy of any 2D-sonic fan's time. See, if Sega would do that, then the old fans can reminisce in the good times while the new fans (read: kids) can keep playing the new Sonics. I'll PM you a link if you like, or you can use teh google.

I gotta admit though, seeing Sonic twirl a Chili Dog in the beginning of Sonic and the Black Knight made me think of the old Archie Sonic Comics. I actually downloaded issues 1-190 and I'm reading those. I'm up to issue 130. :blush:

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:16 pm

I saw the project, It looks very good.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Yes, it does. How long do you think it will take them to finish it?

Also, have you seen the art threads for Sonic2HD? Good lord, they nitpick everything! :lmfao:

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:17 am

Namo wrote:Yes, it does. How long do you think it will take them to finish it?

Also, have you seen the art threads for Sonic2HD? Good lord, they nitpick everything! :lmfao:

My wild guess?

by the end of 2010 they may release a final release :mrgreen:

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:05 pm

2010? Wow, thats pretty far ballparking! I'm at least guessing July of next year, but you may be not too far off, seeming how they nitpick everything!

Personally, I don't like the sonic sprite they chose. He's all smiley, but in the game, he looks more serious.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:14 pm

Trust me I know, Most of these projects always take very long to complete, My closest guess is 2010 or maybe longer but I doubt they will finish before then, Especially if they all have lives. (They do this for free anyway not for money so they don't have specific deadlines)

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:23 pm

Thats true. Guess that's why SRB2 was release "When its done."

I'm noticing a pattern with Sonic Fangames though... hmm...

Maybe its a good thing they aren't doing it for money. We all know what happens to big time companies when they try to release a game "when its done." Duke Nukem Forever ring a bell? :lmfao:

Return to “Where can we find some new games?”