For a good start for mods

ShaDoWLaZeR

For a good start for mods

Postby ShaDoWLaZeR » Wed May 06, 2009 9:12 pm

( In this topic you will find supermario 64 mods:

http://jul.rustedlogic.net/forum.php?id=41 )

I made myself a mod of it too :) here : http://www.mediafire.com/?wmntnlyontr

If you want to play mario 64 roms on your computer you will need emulators. Search ''project 64 1.6 download'' on google.

You have to have a copy of supermario 64 to avoid being illegal.

Edit: Is it me or i think that i posted this in the incorrect topic?

*edited by DEV*

Dev
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Re: For a good start for mods

Postby Dev » Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 am

Moved it for you

robin_90
Global moderator

Postby robin_90 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks DEV :pals:

Thanks I love mario ;)

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:07 am

Think they have any that change the levels? I've looked for a lot of Mario64 mods and found that they all just swapped the textures. One was pretty cool because it made everything look like the NES.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Once the full release of SRB2 will be made (Now it should be next month and I really hope they won't post-pone it any longer) I'l start making some maps n mods for it actually tough I have ZoniK 4 in mind for SRB2.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:45 am

You make some good SRB2 mods, Lava.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 am

I never made any mods yet besides the now forgotten ZoniK 4 mod, I will start by making some maps first and then once I feel ready I will start up ZoniK 4... I need to give ZoniK some special moves tough but that requires programming so it will be unlikely to see special moves but alas we will see once I could get something done.

btw the most feature I am looking forward to is the feature that in some maps it automatically goes 2D once you hit a certain sector on the map, I love this idea, It is somewhat a reminiscent of Megaman X7, Some places can be played 3D other places turn 2D view.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Megaman x7 was good at that, but like Mystic said, and I'm not gonna quote him directly because I honestly hate the guy, "2-D isn't well implemented in srb2." It's gonna take srb2 a little time before most 2-D levels are playable. How can I say it... in order for srb2's sonic physics to be correct at a 3-D standpoint, things had to be changed in the 2-D standpoint. If you notice while playing srb2, after sonic or whoever jumps, the camera follows after them just a little late, so when that goes to 2d, it doesnt emulate a real 2-d sonic game's physics.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Megaman X8 is one of the best 2D 3D game I know, MMX7 was horrible.

Well it uses the doom engine for christs sake, Doom was an FPS game not a 2D sidescrolling game, I never saw a 2D mod for Doom yet, I saw one for Quake 4 but not classic Doom so yeah no matter what they do 2D mode for the Doom engine will never be perfected especially for a fast platformer game like Sonic, I myself don't have much hopes for 2D but the idea of switching between 3D or 2D inbetween levels (touching a sector to trigger it ofcourse) is nice, It gives me more ideas for my maps, That's what MMX7 did (tough the fans didn't like 3D it's mode yet megaman legends was good)

Megaman X8 is just a 3D platformer whereas megaman X7 switches between 2D mode and 3D when you go to certain triggers just as shown on the SRB2 preview trailer.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:00 pm

The absolute best 2-d 3-d games out there is Klonoa and the door to phantomile and its sequel.

A trigger... hm, I think SSNTails said something about that, so there may be hope for it after all. There was a little taste of that in the SRB2 Prieview vid he made.

Kinda like Sonic Unleashed? Nah, SRB2 is better than Sonic Unleashed for sure. Dammit, Sega, stop killing Sonic!

Return to “Where can we find some new games?”