Firefox 3 released

Discuss computers and technology here.
Dainty K
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Firefox 3 released

Postby Dainty K » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:57 pm

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/

You can download it for free on the website mentioned. I haven't tried it out myself, yet. But I'll let you guys know what my opinion is on the program.
Rust in vrede Rudy! We zullen je nooit vergeten!!

Mrs Hippy

Re: Firefox 3 released

Postby Mrs Hippy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:00 pm

thanks Chris, :4u:

Dainty K

Postby Dainty K » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Mrs Hippy wrote:thanks Chris, :4u:

Always a pleasure ;)

she-whowillriseagain

Postby she-whowillriseagain » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:38 pm

have it on my comp now danity is ok as long as you dont use foxy tunes as an add on seems to be a bug with it at the mo and vista keeps shutting it down

Dainty K

Postby Dainty K » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:40 pm

she-whowillriseagain wrote:have it on my comp now danity is ok as long as you dont use foxy tunes as an add on seems to be a bug with it at the mo and vista keeps shutting it down

I don't really use plugins. Except for one to download Youtube music video so that I can convert the file to MP3 :D

But thanks for the warning, though.

loralei

Postby loralei » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:32 pm

:hmm: ..i don't think this one works with windows 2000..me and my Edsel will just have to wait :D

Godfrey Parks

Postby Godfrey Parks » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 am

Don't see the point using FireFox anymore as an alternative IE. The whole aim was to avoid viruses, trojans, malware etc as it wasn't worth a hacker’s time to write malicious software for such a small platform. Nowadays, with Firefox becoming more popular, hackers are beginning to turn their attention to FireFox too. To really avoid the big bad nasty world out there, get a Mac, no-one bothers there arse for such a tiny user base. There's hardly a virus out there written for the Mac, as it's totally pointless, hackers want notoriety, they aren't going to get upsetting such a minority. Mac users tend to think they don't get viruses etc due to the wonderful Mac OS, wrong of course. On saying that, personally, I'll stick to my PC and take my chances.

God :)
Go Greener Scottish Government TV Ad.

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Godfrey Parks wrote:Don't see the point using FireFox anymore as an alternative IE. The whole aim was to avoid viruses, trojans, malware etc as it wasn't worth a hacker’s time to write malicious software for such a small platform. Nowadays, with Firefox becoming more popular, hackers are beginning to turn their attention to FireFox too. To really avoid the big bad nasty world out there, get a Mac, no-one bothers there arse for such a tiny user base. There's hardly a virus out there written for the Mac, as it's totally pointless, hackers want notoriety, they aren't going to get upsetting such a minority. Mac users tend to think they don't get viruses etc due to the wonderful Mac OS, wrong of course. On saying that, personally, I'll stick to my PC and take my chances.

Anythings better than IE in my opinion and as i dont have Mac i think i'll download this instead :nod:
R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Dainty K

Postby Dainty K » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Godfrey Parks wrote:Don't see the point using FireFox anymore as an alternative IE. The whole aim was to avoid viruses, trojans, malware etc as it wasn't worth a hacker’s time to write malicious software for such a small platform. Nowadays, with Firefox becoming more popular, hackers are beginning to turn their attention to FireFox too. To really avoid the big bad nasty world out there, get a Mac, no-one bothers there arse for such a tiny user base. There's hardly a virus out there written for the Mac, as it's totally pointless, hackers want notoriety, they aren't going to get upsetting such a minority. Mac users tend to think they don't get viruses etc due to the wonderful Mac OS, wrong of course. On saying that, personally, I'll stick to my PC and take my chances.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. FF3 scans downloads for viruses, warns you when you come on a dangerous website, etc. So I'd say that Mozilla can easily outsmart those hackers (who are mostly fat 40-year old virgins anyway). Also, you can only really get hackers if you download certain files on notorious websites. I will save all of you guys the details since viruses, trojans, etc is common knowledge for people using computers. But for the rest Godfrey, I agree with you. I have never heard of an infected Mac or a disappointed Mac user. Mac certainly makes good computers and software, Windoze is nothing compared to it.

rumpel
Caiman Moderator

Postby rumpel » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:11 pm

poor that actually all changes hacker to bad side... CRACKER are the dudes you talk about not hacker...
hacker = good, doesnt steal datas... tells you the bugs etc
crackers = bad, steals data...
Ding! Ding!

Return to “TECH DISCUSSION”