MICHAEL DIES :(

A place to discuss politics and current events.
Mugen9s
Global moderator
Are you a spam bot?: NO

MICHAEL DIES :(

Postby Mugen9s » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:25 pm

i was so sad when i heard this yesterday :( greatest pop artist ever IMO so sad he would go like this at the age of 50. Presumably died of a cardiac arrest, sad ending to such a great person (i refuse to believe the accusations which were made on him).

also hoping i get the money i spent on his concert tickets :o
R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Godfrey Parks

Re: MICHAEL DIES :(

Postby Godfrey Parks » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:39 am

To be honest, I couldn't care less. Ok he was a famous pop star (well...his career was on a downward spiral). Yes, Michael was undeniably influential back in the 70's and 80's but that's about it. As for his kiddie fiddling...well...I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he did pay-off the original case which never went to court. So, I'm afraid it's a case of where there's smoke, there's fire. Now that he's dead, I'm sure it will all come out in the open in due course. I was taken aback when I first heard the news (was there really any need for a news flash on the BBC?) but after only one day, I'm already sick of the wall to wall coverage on the news, in fact the media in general. I doubt if even the messiah himself were to embark on the second coming he'd get this amount of attention! Furthermore, I've never understood when a music icon such as Michael dies, the general public has to rush out and buy his/her records/cds/download mp3s etc. I for one, won't be buying any Michael Jackson songs. He was ok but I suddenly don't have this uncontrolable urge to buy his music. So, it'll be a repeat of what happened when Elvis/John Lennon died, endless exploitation of fans by the greedy music companies and Michael will have hit after hit for the next 18 months or so. No doubt, even though he only died on Thursday, he'll be number one on Sunday in the UK music chart and probably around the world too.

God :hmm:
Go Greener Scottish Government TV Ad.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:51 am

My actual opinion on him is I never like him, Ever since the plastic surgery he began to suffer health problems and so he bringed his own death.

The death of David Carradine is more shocking to me and it got less attention if none at all.

David Carradine is the guy who played the role of Bill in Kill Bill movie.

Rudy
Caiman Moderator

Postby Rudy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:36 am

I hope you get your money back Mugen ;)

I am very glad the radio stations in Belgium don't play his songs :mrgreen:
His music was okay, but in the eighties it was that much on radio I started hating it.

David Carradine death? I didn't know that :(

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:46 pm

ohhh seems like I am the only Michael Jackson fan here :sighs:

yeah thanks rudy I had a chat with the company which sold me the ticket, they told me I should expect my money back in the coming days...
R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Whojamaflip

Postby Whojamaflip » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Liked his 70's & 80's music very much, but he went off the rails and acted too weirdly after that to keep my interest :(

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 am

Heard a joke about him, may be inappropriate, so you've been warned if you get offended.

"Due to the fact that MJ was 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego bricks so little kids can play with him for a change." :lmfao:

Godfrey Parks

Postby Godfrey Parks » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 am

Oh dear....I shouldn't laugh but I must admit the joke brought a slight smile to my face. :teehee:

Let's face it, if Michael Jackson was a nobody and lived in your street and died I'm pretty sure residents would be glad to see the back of him. Known to have taken drugs on a regular basis and had a questionable history regarding sexual assault on kids. Yet, because he was famous, people have put him on a pedestal as some god like being? :nope: Pathetic if you ask me. I see I was right, some pop star dies and their record sales rocket. Michael's greatest hits album has gone from number 121 to number 1 in the UK charts. I'll never understand the general public, if they thought Mr Jackson was so bloody brilliant why didn't they buy the album before he died? It's the same if an artist/band wins a prestigious music award, the masses rush out and buy the album to add it to their collections. I dunno pretentious twats. :roll:

God

Godfrey Parks

Postby Godfrey Parks » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Farrah Fawcett's dying wish was 'Save the children', so on that same day, God took wacko jacko. :D

Yup the greedy are already trying to exploit the (gormless) fans. The promoters are saying 'hey, why not keep your ticket as memorabilia instead of a refund, it'll be worth something some day'. I beg your pardon but there are 800,000 tickets, so they’ll be worth sod all! :roll:

God

Rudy
Caiman Moderator

Postby Rudy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Godfrey Parks wrote:Farrah Fawcett's dying wish was 'Save the children', so on that same day, God took wacko jacko. :DGod

:rofl: :rofl:
Godfrey Parks wrote:Yup the greedy are already trying to exploit the (gormless) fans. The promoters are saying 'hey, why not keep your ticket as memorabilia instead of a refund, it'll be worth something some day'. I beg your pardon but there are 800,000 tickets, so they’ll be worth sod all! :roll:
God

If this was true then the promoters should better say nothing and pay back all tickets, then they will own a fortune of memorabilia's :rofl:

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”