Vegetarian/Ramsay/McCartney

A place to discuss politics and current events.
Sweetstuff

Vegetarian/Ramsay/McCartney

Postby Sweetstuff » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:55 am

OK so according to the story Macca has "slammed" Ramsay's views on vegetarians..... yet when you read the blurb he didn't really!! lol

Click for story

One thing that kinda made me say "what a twat" abotu Macca was this.........

[quote=Macca in the news]"I'd be happier if everyone was vegetarian. The planet would be better off for it."[/quote]

How is that then?? How would the whole planet benefit if everyone stopped eating meat?? Meat and fish in fact??

The only real benefit that I can think is to the animals bred for food in that they'd live longer and die naturally!! How then does an excess of cows, sheep, pigs, chickens and whatever else would be left to their own devices make the planet any better than it is now???? Man is an omnivore and we need meat in our diet for essential nutrients and vitamins don't we?? OK we can live as veggies or vegans but we then need suppliments for the vitamins we miss!!

Can someone explain exactly how the planet - his words - would be better off??? I can see the argument (kinda) over fuel resources and greenhouse gasses but that's a huge statement that as far as I can see has now substance!! lol
I am hungry, I am incorrigible, I AM MAN!!

Grant me the serenity to accept things that I cannot change, the courage to change things I cannot accept and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I have had to kill because they get on my nerves.

Kinks

Re: Vegetarian/Ramsay/McCartney

Postby Kinks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 pm

If farm animals were left to their own devices, they certainly wouldn't breed as much as they are artifically inseminated all the time to keep up with the demand for meat as things stand at the moment. But leaving them to their own devices would only increase hunting and we would end up living as Neanderthals again lmao!!

What is needed is better farming condtions. Even in the milk industry cows are artifically inseminated so there is constant supply of milk but what happens to the newborn calves? I dread to think amd I don't think I want to know :(
R.I.P Rudy....Heaven has one more angel and the night sky has one more star, the biggest out there. I love you xxx

Sweetstuff

Postby Sweetstuff » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:11 am

Ah but Sal, there wouldn't be any hunting because we'd all be vegetarians!! :P

:lol:

Grant me the serenity to accept things that I cannot change, the courage to change things I cannot accept and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I have had to kill because they get on my nerves.

Kinks

Postby Kinks » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:28 pm

There would always be the rogue hunters who dont want to follow protocol though ;)
R.I.P Rudy....Heaven has one more angel and the night sky has one more star, the biggest out there. I love you xxx

Sweetstuff

Postby Sweetstuff » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:46 am

LOL not in his perfect world!! ;)

:mrgreen:

Kinks

Postby Kinks » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Perfect? Where?

:flypig:

Sweetstuff

Postby Sweetstuff » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:18 am

His vision of a better world..... everyone, but everyone would be vegetarian!! ;)

Kinks

Postby Kinks » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Man is an omnivore, they cant survive without meat. Even vegetarians have meat substitutes. Wasn't Linda a strict veggie?

There are some meats I wouldn't touch cos that's just me. I don't see why we should hunt when it's sold on shelves BUT thats my opinion. I wouldn't eat crab, lobster, rabbit, kangaroo, ostrich, pheasant, pigeon... etc etc but that's because I am happy with beef, pork, lamb and fish as it comes from Asda :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sweetstuff

Postby Sweetstuff » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 am

Old Macca himself is a strict vegetarian too apparently but that was my point!! :D I don't see how the world would be a better place with billions of weak and semi ill people surrounded by even more animals that we couldn't feed because we'd need all the resources for the humans!! :loll:

;)

Kinks

Postby Kinks » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 am

He obviously hasn't thought it through :mrgreen: Pegleg has fecked his mind up!!

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”