money and the general population of the U.S.

A place to discuss politics and current events.
luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

money and the general population of the U.S.

Postby luna1sierra » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Was reading Newsweek and a Chinese gentleman was quoted as saying the United is very rich and we are spoiled. Yes , the United States is a rich country..but most of that wealth is held by about 50 different families and several very large banks and corporations. Most everyday people are not rich at all. Most of us are doing well to pay our bills and put food on the table. What bills you ask? We pay for electricity ,water, sewer, house insurance , car insurance ( required by law ), health insurance ( if you can afford it , we and a million others can't ), those who rent must pay rent . Food and the cost is always going up. If you own a house you must pay tax on it every year. Most people work a full time job and a part time job as well , just to make ends meet. In some ways..its much harder than you would think. Very few jobs here include housing and meals..its an outstanding business that provides childcare for its employees...we get very few holidays . I would not be surprised if our suicide rate did not equal or surpass China's before the end of the year...

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Re: money and the general population of the U.S.

Postby luna1sierra » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Some of the part time jobs available in the U.S. , most are selling jobs, Avon ; really nice company, both my mom and I sold for them. Watkins; spices and things, my mom sold for them, good stuff. Tupperware, plastic housewares, lasts forever, I have a pitcher I got from my mom over 30yrs ago..amazing. Princess House, crystal ( no joke ! ) nice too. Mary Kay Cosmetics, good make-up , but not my style. AmWay not my style, but good products. Zazzle and Cafe Press 2 places you can sell your art on a number of products, from keychains to Keds sneakers and skateboards. You get a royalty ( a percentage that you set ). There are jewelry companies as well , but you are selling product directly to the customer. I have never sold for any because of the buy in cost and a wretched lack of info about the companies. This is a later addition...Avon is international as is Zazzle. Not sure about the other companies. These jobs can work into full time. My moms friend Mrs.Gormely worked full time at selling Avon and she made good money. Another of my moms friends sold enough Mary Kay to earn that pink Cadillac and quit her job at the insurance company. ( really , no joke ! ) With the popularity of computers, you can sell Avon online now ! Tupperware and Princess House are sold at " parties " the hostess lines up the guests and serves tea,coffee and usually cookies. The salesperson shows the new stuff and hands out catalogs. The hostess usually gets a hostess gift and a percentage of the sales in credit , for their own.

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”