Internationally known and loved artist killed by police

A place to discuss politics and current events.
luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Internationally known and loved artist killed by police

Postby luna1sierra » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm

John T. Williams , an internationally known and loved artist/carver was murdered by a police officer in downtown Seattle, in broad daylight, with witnesses. Mr. Williams was nearly deaf and did not respond to the yells of the officer. The officer shoot the man from 9-10 feet away. Mr. Williams was minding his own business at the time working on a carving. The officer who murdered Mr.Williams had parked his car in such a way that the camera could not record what happened. ( it is my personal opinion this was done on purpose ) There were eyewitnesses whose testimony refutes the officers statement. Supposedly an investigation is under way. :angry: :swear:

Namo
Site Admin

Re: Internationally known and loved artist killed by police

Postby Namo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 pm

I hate America. Police Brutality is such an easily fixable problem, yet no one does anything about it. I swear, one of these days I'm heading north to Canada.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Gosh, even my brother was shocked. Such brutality and inhumanity is unacceptable.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 pm

There is a candlelight vigil from 7-10 pm in front of the chief Seattle club tonight. 410 2nd ave. extension south . Mr.Williams is/was a member of the Ditidaht First Nation also a member Nation of the Nuu-Chah-Nulth. The Ditidaht First Nation is a small remote community on the west coast of Vancouver Island. ( He lived in seattle and carved things of beauty , my husband knew him better than I , from when he worked at Pike Place Market. ) why we keep bad officers is beyond me...just makes all them look so horrible. ( from whats been making headlines, you would not believe we have a fairly good police force..)( I am afraid I must amend this..as the Seattle Times pointed out today, between the Seattle police and the Tacoma police, they have killed four people, this week alone. .......We have a good police force..that needs to fire the bad police and to not excuse them.

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:48 pm

:cry: ...never thought I would have to say this...don't come to Seattle if you don't speak fluent english or are hard of hearing. If you must come here, hire a translator and be met by them at the airport. The police have now killed 5 people. they have shot 4 and tasered 1 to death. I don't know what the heck is going on..I know its not good though. We personally are avoiding the city like the plague....

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Dear Lord, what the hell are they doing down there, making bets at the station?! "Yo, duuude... if I shoot some guy today, you like, tooootally gotta do something embarassing..." It's disgusting, dammit. I'm sick of this stupid country and its stupid brutality. Tasers are no better than guns.

There's a mentally challenged woman who stands on one of the islands in the street and hula-hoops all day. She's a very sweet lady, and it's common knowledge that she's mentally challenged. She was hit by a truck when she was in her late teens. A few months ago, police approached her, telling her that she could no longer hula-hoop there any more. Being mentally challenged, she was confused and responded to the policeman in a polite, yet childlike manner, stating she didn't know what the policeman was talking about, and she presented him her card stating her mental illness. The policeman shot her with a taser moments later because she "was being uncooperative and speaking disrespectfully to him", and the woman hasn't been seen in public since. Poor woman. Crap like this has to stop.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 am

I say not enough discipline with police.
Nyphoon

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:05 pm

...it would not be so weird..but I have good memories of the police ! the guys who patrolled the alley by jane addams jr. high were great..the patrolmen who walked the beat in the university district when my oldest son was still in the stroller, very nice guys, always helpful. The patrol men who responded the 3 different times I found people of the street who had died in their sleep..outstanding and wonderful...so this is...really different..I don't like feeling like this..

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:18 am

...The update...they have moved some commanding officers around...an investigation is supposedly being done. the murderer is on paid leave. No one has apologized, no one has taken responsibility, no explanations have been offered. I am NOT happy about this..avoid Seattle until it is safe...until the truth comes out about this and things are properly dealt with its not safe..sorry. :scream:

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:28 am

duh, they also say they are investigating, but nothing ever gets done. Good luck luna, and hope for the best.
Nyphoon

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”