E3 2010 synopsis

A place to discuss politics and current events.
Namo
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

E3 2010 synopsis

Postby Namo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

E3 is an American convention that stands for "Electronic Entertainment Expo". It's focused on the unveiling of new electronics, the majority of which are video games. In fact, its pretty much just a gaming convention, but one of the biggest and best.

This year at E3, Microsoft unveiled its new Kinect system; an Xbox 360 addon that allows you to play games without controllers, but a very advanced camera. In my opinion, I'm not to excited for it; a lot of the gameplay they should was just a bunch of morons dancing about while clueless. People complain about Wii "waggle", just waving the remote around foolishly, but the Kinect looks dumber by prospect.

They also gave out a free Xbox 360 slim to everyone in the audience. Why? Because unlike Nintendo, they couldn't win over the audience legitimately.

Although there is a new 360 game coming soon that I'm interested in, it's much too violent to show here. If you're feeling brave, google "Splatterhouse."

Speaking of Nintendo, they definitely Wowed everyone. They unveiled their 3DS system, a new Nintendo DS that boasts 3D without 3D glasses. All of the old features from the original DS are present, with some new features of its own, such as:

Motion sensing via accelerometers and gyroscopes
Analog thumbstick
New "telescoping" stylus
Much better graphics: They are literally on par with the Wii now.
2 Gigabyte gamecards; the original DS only supports up to 256 megabyte max gamecards

And lets not forget the awesome lineup:
The long awaited return of Kid Icarus!
A 3D remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater "The Naked Sample"!
Super Street Fighter 4 3D!
A new Pilotwings!
A 3D Dead or Alive

The Wii's certainly getting some nice attention as well.
Pikmin 3
Metroid: Other M
Kirby's Epic Yarn
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Epic Mickey

Sony, no longer acting like the abused red-headed stepchild of the gaming industry, actually gave the 3DS a thumbs up. They also demonstrated some of their new Playstation Move: In summary, its a blatant rip-off of the Wii, even down to the controller. The only difference is the fact that they glued a gigantic glowing ping-pong ball to it.

So, any thoughts?

Nicholas
Site Admin

Re: E3 2010 synopsis

Postby Nicholas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 am

Nintendo are gaining my respect now. They are not just making efforts for money, but also for entertainment - good entertainment.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:15 am

Nicholas wrote:Nintendo are gaining my respect now. They are not just making efforts for money, but also for entertainment - good entertainment.

Nintendo has never been about just making money. Microsoft on the other hand, yeah, they couldn't give half a damn about anything but money.

Skeptics may argue that Nintendo cared only about making money when they released New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but those same idiots said "This is exactly the same as New Super Mario Bros. DS!" based on the first 5 seconds of gameplay. Not even the first level, the first 5 seconds. Playing through the first level alone would have told them that the games are different.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Yeah. Oh, BTW, forgot to say thanks for making this summary/sypnosis.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:33 am

yes...josh is looking forward to the new kirby game...nintendo does good enduring games... :k7

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”