Blackwater for sale, unable to shake troubles

A place to discuss politics and current events.
luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Blackwater for sale, unable to shake troubles

Postby luna1sierra » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Blackwater worldwide is up for sale. Burdened by lawsuits, criminal investigations and the truth they had no choice.Blackwater, which changed its name to Xe services and brought in new management has failed to " change perceptions", most critically inside the government, which was its main customer. ( I weep huge crocodile tears for them ....... :lmfao: )

Dev
Site Admin

Re: Blackwater for sale, unable to shake troubles

Postby Dev » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:12 am

Oh right, when I read the title I thought it was a joke about the oil spill :teehee: Which in fairness, isn't a joke at all :(

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:47 pm

....I suppose I should have clarified...sorry 'bout that. I would never joke about the ongoing oil spill....such a tragedy..unfortunetly from what I can find, it is not Anglo-Iranian aka B.P. first......more details when I have confirmed info.

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:47 pm

....I suppose I should have clarified...sorry 'bout that. I would never joke about the ongoing oil spill....such a tragedy..unfortunetly from what I can find, it is not Anglo-Iranian aka B.P. first......more details when I have confirmed info.

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:19 pm

What is a joke is the lack of goddamn action surrounding it! The oil spill's getting worse by the damn second and all America's doing is sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. Its slowly crawling up the east coast and soon is about to find its way into the rivers that crack into the side of my state. God only knows what that's gonna do. Worse, a hurricane is at risk of forming and that has the possibility of picking up infected sea water and throwing it mainland. What are those idiots doing, using the tax payer's money to buy ass-dragging machines so they don't have to use the effort to drag their own, effort I remind you that could be used to solve this problem?

We should have gotten rid of oil decades ago and replaced it with renewable energy; solar, wind, god-forsaken CORN. Whatever! The world is falling apart, ladies and gentlemen.

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:37 am

...part of the problem, as I understand it, is that British Petroleum is a British company, based in Britian. Not an American company based here. B.P.aka British Petroleum is legally responsible for the operation,repair and clean-up of this tragedy. The only thing the government can do at this time is apply pressure. At a later time they could decide to bar B.P. from operating at all in the United States. British Petroleum is banking on President to not do that, but they really shouldn't. Bushes regime might have helped them cover this up, but I don't think President Obama will or should. ( yes, the damage totally sucks dust, and its only going to get worse, but legally.....) oh yes , and as far as corn fuel goes...according to the seattle times, one guy managed to bankrupt a good part of that project, so thats screwed. some people will do ANYTHING for money I swear!

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 am

...in my more cynical moments...my minds eye pictures...the usual suspects, meeting in a room at the watergate hotel, and arranging all this just to discredit President Obama...( would our politicians do that? surely not........ :roll: )

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:44 am

It's definitely a tragedy :(
What I don't understand is the whole political row around it.
To quote wikipedia: "The company is among the largest private sector energy corporations in the world".
Private sector, so it shouldn't matter where there are based, they as a company are responsible for the damages caused.
If criminal offences have been committed though then the country BP is based may come into the picture.

my 2 pence

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:23 pm

luna1sierra wrote:...in my more cynical moments...my minds eye pictures...the usual suspects, meeting in a room at the watergate hotel, and arranging all this just to discredit President Obama...( would our politicians do that? surely not........ :roll: )

Don't be so offended. When Obama started running for president he said all this stuff he was going to do, and at the drop of a hat and a few unsavory remarks, he completely goes back-frickin'-asswards and practically reverses it. Remember the health bill when it started out? Now that it's approved, is it similar to its original incarnation?

Well, in a manner of speaking, yes, it is. In the fact that it involves health-care. That's, sadly, where the similarities stop.

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:13 am

..the poor man was trying to include everyone in the making of policy....unfortunetly, some of those people shouldn't be counted on to do anything more difficult than pouring water......( money does seem to buy political offices here :rasp: )

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”