poor/homeless/working homeless...

A place to discuss politics and current events.
luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

poor/homeless/working homeless...

Postby luna1sierra » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm

america is in a wierd spot....it would seem that all of our policy makers have forgotten that 99% of us are working poor. low income housing starts at between 750-800 dollars a month. there is public housing, but the wait lines are donkey years long. ( when I was still A single mom , I applied. I was on the waiting list for 14 years and was never called. )some of the homeless here were brought by companies who then did not hire them....don't come to live here unless you have gobs of money....the I.R.S. has said its impossible for a family of three to live here on less than $3,600.00 a month. ( fat lot they know, we have been living on less than $11,000.00 ayear ( not including joshs meds which cost $2,000.00 a month )

Dev
Site Admin

Re: poor/homeless/working homeless...

Postby Dev » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Yes, it's like this in a lot of countries though. People think it's the promised land but forget the cost of living is a lot higher than where they come from.

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Re: poor/homeless/working homeless...

Postby luna1sierra » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:02 pm

...other parts of the problem : greed , rents doubled in one year here. we have no rent control laws and the state dumps people into this group everytime a ward of the state turns 18. all the children supposedly cared for by the state are turned out on their 18th birthday. so , all the homeless young people did not do this to themselves. How are they supposed to have enough money to get an apartment ? 1st,last and deposit, and application "fees" thats $3,500-$5,000 just to move in. the u.s. is in a state of dysfunction...

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”