nevada, a good place to avoid...

A place to discuss politics and current events.
luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO

nevada, a good place to avoid...

Postby luna1sierra » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:39 am

scarey news in the paper yesterday.....B.P. and the state of Nevada have appearently been covering up a radiation 'leak'. appearently this "leak" made its way to the watershed. any one using this water ( and they have been for years ) is contaminated. Using includes, bathing, drinking,ect. ( so, basically, the state of nevada and B.P. are killing people for profit....)isn't world wide trade wonderful?

LavaWave
Global moderator

Re: nevada, a good place to avoid...

Postby LavaWave » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:00 am

Woah, this sickens me, it sucks for Nevada I guess :nope:

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:49 am

..not just for Nevada, but for everyone downstream/river/waterflow . (that goes into the water shed ) Its all very frustrating....we re-cycle and try not to screw things up and then things like this happen...whats worse, is in the summer, when some idiot "accidently' spills mega-gallons of sewage into the sound, or worse, a local lake...and nothing happens! I mean, they close the water for swimming, ect. no one ever gets fired, fined or even scolded. This happens at least once a year now...yurgh!

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 am

the Vulcan nuclear waste site in Nevada was closed by President Obama. ( cheers and hurrays in background. this actually messes up my state as we still have waste from Hanford that needs to go someplace or be processed here. It was supposed to have been dealt with 10+years ago..)

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 am

:( They must be thinking, if we wait another couple of years, it won't be radioactive anymore...

luna1sierra
Frequent visitor

Postby luna1sierra » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 am

well..no one wants to deal with it. no one wants nuclear waste in their town/city/state/country if they can help it. can't blame them really...as for the hanford waste....that probably should have been dealt with 25ish years ago..the other problem is that containment is actually theoretical as there is no proven without a doubt storage method. nuclear power sounds like a good idea..no ones done it cleanly or 100% safely.

Return to “THE CAIFOX CHRONICLE”