Downloads

You will find all forum information and announcements in here.
catchaserguns

Downloads

Postby catchaserguns » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:17 am

What the freak is going on? When I download a game directly from Caiman Games I have to install a Sonoto Tool Bar. My virus protection has to get rid of the adware that comes along with it. Whats up with that? This was a good site to download games and now you give in these freaks to help you pay for bandwidth.

catchaserguns

Re: Downloads

Postby catchaserguns » Fri May 03, 2013 9:44 am

I thought I let you know I had to return all my browsers to deault settings because of the obnoxious software I had to install to download your games directly from your site. Making someone install a toolbar that has adware is not what I call free download. Why don't you clean up your site and get rid of these additions in order to download. You are losing credibility of being a freeware site.

Namo
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Postby Namo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:46 pm

I am immensely sorry for this. Due to internal politics I took a period of absence, and it saddens me to come back and find the website in such a state. We will deal with this immediately.

catchaserguns

Postby catchaserguns » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:21 am

Please note that I've been a loyal fan of this site and because of the list of other freeware sites on your forum I expanded my library of games. I plan to download more games from this site but not at the cost of adware or extra toolbars. Please return to the way it was before. I'm sure Rudy would be pleased. God rest his soul.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 am

Apologies catchaserguns. I, too, had left this site and didn't know of this. The Owner has been informed of this issue, and it will hopefully be resolved soon.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Ibo
Site Admin

Postby Ibo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:42 pm

Indeed the somoto downloader is used. No software is installed when you READ what it asks and unselect to install the suggested other software.
Then it only downloads the zip file and puts it in your desktop. If you don't READ when running files and things are asked, you get the ask toolbar
when installing acrobat reader or flash and so on.

The downloader does sometimes triggers false positives on certain malware detectors and anti virus software. I know.

The Somoto downloader is there now about 10 months, I got two complaints by email and this thread in the forum and hundred of thousands installs
of caiman gaimes during this period. You all get the picture? I consider this a non issue.

When in doubt, use sanboxie or other virtualising software and check things out without compromising your computer.
3-2-2010: Loss of a good friend.

catchaserguns

Postby catchaserguns » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:16 am

Now, none of your downloads from Caiman's own site are working. I get the download package but I click it the message says that no internet connection. Please check on this.

catchaserguns

Postby catchaserguns » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:40 am

I found the problem. Firefox is running No Script automatically on my machine. i had to use a different browser to get it to work.

Return to “THE NOTICE BOARD”