Regarding inactivity (A warning)

You will find all forum information and announcements in here.
Mugen9s
Global moderator
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Re: Regarding inactivity (A warning)

Postby Mugen9s » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Did he give a reason?

Honestly Nicholas if anything it will be caifox that will lose if you stepped down, theres no need to and if it were just to be show distain to Ibos working then its not a good method.

Stay as the admin and see this all through, something will happen...eventually. Stepping down from site admin isnt going to help anything.
R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Aussiedave

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Nicholas, you have a way of twisting my words, not once have I referred to this site as a business or becoming a business. But it's all good :)

There's nothing wrong with a healthy and even heated debate as long as it doesn't get personal, it strengthens the spirit and makes people think for themselves and maybe even contribute and have their say as well.

There have been many successful freeware games forums, maybe just a bit before your time. Social networking is now the big thing but there are still many freeware gamers around looking for a place to call home online if the environment is right with content they are after.

CAIFOX is just a forum website with hardly any costs, no advertising and nowhere near thousands of euro's to keep online. There is very little bandwidth use as all files are hosted elsewhere. Advertising on this site would bring in some revenue if done correctly to help pay for hosting costs or all the hosting/domain costs. You can make money from any website.

Any website takes work Nicholas. Some like to work in their chosen interest, passion or hobby but don't consider it work at all because like you say, they love it and enjoy doing it, but it is work in the end and for a freeware website it's a lot of it.

Starting a website from scratch is not ridiculous at all Nicholas, you have youth on your side and the capacity and patience to learn. I'm an older gamer and have made a couple of game sites within a year on free hosting sites and have made 1st page search visibility, not a cent spent, done by one person in their spare time. It's not as hard as you may think.

It all comes down to what you're prepared to put into it, not for personal gain or glory but what you can share with others and hopefully make a thriving, contributing community along the way.

People come and go on forums, like they do in real life. Most will leave if there's no new content. You can't expect everyone to hang around for ever especially when reviews are slow being posted :( If no one is willing to do game reviews then we all know the outcome, which is more than likely inevitable.

I fear and can see that the flame is burning out here fast.

You have all the options available to you to keep this forum going if you wish, even without owning the website. Hopefully a new crowd will jump on board in the not too distant future to revive CAIFOX to what it once was.

Guys, it may be best then to ask Ibo to clear the air and find out exactly what the plans are for Caiman and CAIFOX. It's only fair for yourselves ok. If Ibo can't explain what is going on then you either stay here and keep doing what you're doing or decide to move on as hard as that may sound.

Happy gaming everyone.
Keep on gaming !

Aussie Dave aka One Mad Gamer

http://freewaregames.forumotion.com/

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Caifox can't live without Caiman. Without any proper link from Caiman, Caifox is dead. In the first year, we reviewed a lot of games. Go and see what we got. Nothing.

Regarding the idea of creating our own site, we can't afford to spend so much money for the bandwith etc... You must understand that Caiman hosts games - some of which are very big. And nothing comes without a price. Apart from this issue, I have never created a proper site. The only internet languages I know are HTML, CSS and Javascript, so I can't create a place where a community can start. Also, how would we be able to let people know a new site has just sprung up?

Mugen, I already sent the e-mail. Caiman won't lose ;) If anything, Caiman might budge and Ibo might start working. Don't worry, I have complete faith in you. You and Namo can lead the community without me. I'm the youngest member after all. If Rudy was in my position, I'm sure he would have done the same. I'm 'dying' for this community in hope to see it thrive.
Nyphoon

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:38 pm

I would suggest a boycott of the site entirely if I didnt feel bound to it. Its like something thats gone from the front of my focus to the back of my mind unfortunately. That doesnt mean I wont stop checking in.

Dave is right though, Ibo certainly needs to stop being all mysterious. I say either tell us your secretely a pokemon or reveal what your doing about the site. (or both)

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Somebody mentioned something about managing the front page of Caiman at least. With my limited knowledge of internet languages, I was able to create a sample web page using the Caiman website to show how I would do it. Basically, there would be the latest games linking to the forums - leading to a lot of traffic to the forums and activity on Caiman. However, much to our disappointment, Ibo refused.
Nyphoon

Aussiedave

Postby Aussiedave » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:05 am

Mugen9s a boycott is a bit harsh don't you think? I don't think that will accomplish anything except for more frustration for all concerned.

Pokemon Ibo :teehee:

Nicholas you had a sterling idea about maintaining the front page of Caiman, I never thought of that. It just goes to show you that there is a simple solution to any problem. In regards to the decision made for your idea... what can I say except that, as I've mentioned before, it's probably best that Caiman be left as it is.

It would be interesting to read what the other members here think of the future for CAIFOX and have their say, everyone's opinion is important but this thread is a little hard to find
:hmm:

If you're all serious about keeping it going then maybe a link to this thread somewhere on the main forum page would be helpful to get everyone's input. It will also give you a rough idea of active members. Or better still make a new thread for a discussion about the future of CAIFOX.
Keep on gaming !

Aussie Dave aka One Mad Gamer

http://freewaregames.forumotion.com/

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Ibo said that it will take long until Caiman gets updated again, if it ever does. I have the last idea. I told it to him. If he accepts I will tell you, else I won't try to sparkle anything. The flame is almost done. I have created a spark. Hope it reignites the candle of life.
Nyphoon

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 pm

I wasnt being seious about the boycott I would never do that :)

What more can be done other than see how it goes...

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:23 am

We'll talk to you Mugen...
Nyphoon

Terex77
Frequent visitor

Postby Terex77 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 pm

actually Caiman.us on search box is broke :/
I know been hard since Rudy passed away
:/ hopefully in end we see new active commity well some mods are inactive tho...
<.<

Return to “THE NOTICE BOARD”