Regarding inactivity (A warning)

You will find all forum information and announcements in here.
Aussiedave
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Re: Regarding inactivity (A warning)

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Nicholas, I'm the last person you should be asking for ideas ok. That's for you and the rest of the crew to work out amongst yourselves.

It's not about forcing someone to do something for you. You or whomever it is needs to go forth and do it for themselves.

Ibo is doing fine by keeping Caiman online with Rudy's accomplishments, that can not be made better than what it is.
Keep on gaming !

Aussie Dave aka One Mad Gamer

http://freewaregames.forumotion.com/

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I asked you primarily because it was you who suggested we should do something. What can we do to a website which isn't ours? The forum can't function if the website doesn't get updated. People don't come here seeing games and submitting theirs if we aren't accepting them. Believe me man, we have done all we could. Currently the 'crew' only consists of me, Namo and Mugen, which shows that even the higher ranked members themselves have given up. If Caiman's fans and Ibo himself wants the site to grow, keeping it up alone is not enough - straight and plain.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Aussiedave

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Therein lies the problem. This has been the dilemma for quite a while.

Nicholas you have answered your own questions and concerns here even though you may not see it.
Keep on gaming !

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Someone came in contact with me on DeviantArt a few days ago, named AppleBetty, asking me about Caiman. I was a bit flabbergasted, not just because someone popped in from the blue on another site showing support, but also because when it came right down to it, I really realized that it is in fact ridiculous that we've pretty much, Nicholas and I, sitting here on a rotting carcass for two years with almost no progress in a revival.

It makes me mad, and I'm sure it makes Nicholas mad too. It also makes me mad that we and Ibo are in an arm-twisting match of perpetual nothingness. We ask him to make the site, and he asks for our support. We need each other but we're getting no where and as far as I can see it's unfortunately going to stay that way unless we can find a plan B or a good way to kick Ibo's ass into gear. There's no polite way to say that.

This Applebetty asked me about one of our old Plan B's, making a new site without Ibo. I said that an old staff member, Dev, was working on one, but the idea went down the drain unfortunately. This was two years ago so I don't recall why. Were it up to me, I'd revive that plan, but since Nicholas and I have no experience in web design, and Dev has since left to pursue other things, we come back to the artm-twisting match between Ibo, Nick, and I.

So, we've got two options:
Wait until Ibo finishes whatever the heck he's doing, or see if someone's willing to help Nick and I make a new site, sans Ibo.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Namo, we discussed this a year ago. I mentioned it in a previous comment, but I edited it out. Even if we find someone who would help us create the site, we two can't keep it up. As Dev said, it would mean thousands of Euro per year.

Ibo promised us that he would have finished the site by the end of the year. As much as we love Caiman, love can't get us anywhere. I'll make this public buddy. Remember what I told you at the end of Summer? I told you that you alone are enough to drive Caiman forward, and as much as I love Caiman, if he wouldn't have finished the site or shown a big improvement by the end of the year, I would give in an ultimatum - either the site is improved vastly in a month, or I resign as administrator.

I'll wait until January 1st. If nothing happens, I will give in my ultimatum. Don't worry, it will be a mere scar to Caiman. It will heal over time. Like a wounded captain in battle, he must give example to the others, even if he dies in the process. If my ultimatum drives the site forward, I would have won the war, even if I would have lost a battle. It will be one for the group.

If it doesn't, as Aussiedave came here today, someone else will come - or it will be yourself, Namo - and maybe we will finally end this once end for all - for the good or bad. I pledged that I will do whatever it takes to bring back the Golden Age of Freeware back, and if this is what it takes, then I am finally ready. Maybe it was my poor leadership and my poor motivation that dragged down Caiman in the past year since I have been Admin.

Thanks a lot buddy for everything you did to help me and the website in the past years.
Nyphoon

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Nicholas, you've been an invaluable member of the team. You showed leadership skills and a level of intelligence beyond your years. I can't force you to stay, but if the site ever is finished, I will request your assistance in running it once more. It's certainly not a feat I can do alone.

Aussiedave

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:12 pm

ok..... *sighs*

I'll put it to you in English.

Who of you, that's left, is willing to put your money on the table?

Have you asked Ibo to buy this site CAIFOX?? Forget about caiman, that is Rudy's legacy and only he knew the ins and outs of that website and I think if anyone took over that site (and I believe that would never happen) it could end up in disaster so it's better left untouched. That will always be there.

Many freeware game site forums have been very popular in the past. It comes down to offering to buy this site CAIFOX from Ibo and have full control of it if that's what you all want to do. If you don't ask you will never know. It's like a full time job maintaining a games sites and if you're not prepared to keep it updated with reviews then it will never succeed, updating on a regular basis is the key here. If Ibo is not willing to sell then you will need to look at starting your own site, starting from scratch or even taking over or buying someone's website.

We all make choices in life and I'm sure you'll all agree that a choice should have been make long ago with CAIFOX. I'm sad to see it the way it is but appreciate and congratulate the effort that everyone has put into it for what it is and could still be given the chance.

Now from memory there was a female Mod/Admin who was in partnership with Rudy with this site who was also from Caiman, I won't mention names but if she is also part owner then it will need to be discussed it with her as well as Ibo.

It all depends on what you all would like to do. These are your choices alone.
Keep on gaming !

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Buy Caifox? Firstly we are both teenagers and don't have the money to buy it. Secondly, we don't want it to feel like we're working. Caifox (and for that matter Caiman) has always been managed by people who loved it. Your vision of the site is more like a small business - whereas it isn't. I don't want to buy it. Thirdly, even if we bought it, I have never seen any successful freeware game site online based on a forum.

Starting from scratch would be ridiculous. We would need thousands of Euro a year to maintain a site because of advertising etc... and we don't have the resources, let alone the man power.

Regarding the female admin, I think I know who she is, and I don't even want to talk to her. After Rudy left us, she, along with others, left the forums without even saying bye.
Nyphoon

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Buying caifox isnt something any of us can accomplish at this time. The future holds many possibilities. I plan spending money I earn on projects like this but for now theres nothing either of us could do financially.

I was wondering if Ibo has given anyone access to edit Caiman? If new gamers were to submit games how would we put it on the site? I think before theres talk about a new site we should atleast be able to update the original site, I mean how long will it remain inactive, not everyone comes to forums.

Unless Ibo shows us what hes doing or atleast allows some access to updating the site, caiman is just another sinking freeware ship.

But no way will it be lost.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Ibo has not shown us any progress, and yes, Namo and me did ask him to let us update the site ourselves - about three times at least. However, he rejected.

I have handed in my ultimatum with the aim of budging the situation. I will knock myself down from administrator on the 1st of February if no improvement is done.
Nyphoon

Return to “THE NOTICE BOARD”