Regarding inactivity (A warning)

You will find all forum information and announcements in here.
Namo
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Regarding inactivity (A warning)

Postby Namo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Please note that all currently inactive Administrators and Moderators will have their privileges revoked if they do not become active again within a week of this post. They will be reduced to regular members, and will no longer have access to the Moderator/Admin control panels.

This is due in part to an over-saturation of staff members, as well as a lack of support for Caiman Games as a whole. While no news is final, the likelihood that the new site will be up by the end of the year is higher than it was before.

If, after you've had your privileges revoked, you feel you have been wronged, please contact an Administrator and we'll get it sorted out.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Re: Regarding inactivity (A warning)

Postby Nicholas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Seconded
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:54 pm

got back in time right! :D

Btw I think in respect to some users we shouldnt revoke them, like the really long time members of the forum.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Those users have spent more time inactive rather than active. It's because of them that we have reverted to such measures.
Nyphoon

Aussiedave

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Maybe you should be trying to get these Admin and Mods back and attract more members rather than push people away. Have you tried contacting them at all?

Support comes form all members not just Admin and Mods.

The OP states that you will revoke privileges within a week for Admin and Mods that don't log on and finish off your post saying if you think you've been wronged, contact Admin and we'll get it sorted???? Make up your mind if you need the staff or not.

This decision about site staff does not need to be made public either. This is a decisions that needs to be made internally and you need to stand by your decision.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:31 pm

We did man ;) We didn't post news here because as you said, "this decision about site staff does not need to be made public either. This is a decisions that needs to be made internally and you need to stand by your decision." In your post, it's as if you're accusing us of wanting to drive people away or that we are not working enough. If you think we aren't, you can't be more wrong. We've been here for two years, with almost no other activity from other members, and we will be here until the site starts. If you think that's nothing, try doing it. There is no way we can attract members unless the site starts - and indications show it will... we just need to give Ibo the time he needs. Everyone has a life, you know.

EDIT: I remove an average of a spam post every two days. I am doing all I can so that if the forum loses its activity, at least it doesn't lose its credibility and professionalism.
Nyphoon

Aussiedave

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm

not working enough? What the...? Where did you come up with that??? anyway...

That's good to hear that a decision was made by those running the show and not others, I'm hoping this was the case.

As far as I can tell the whole place needed a good shake up with Mods and Admin and hope you all made the right decisions and that the new site will look and operate a bit more professional because as it stands at the moment from what this forum has become, it's far from it.

I think somewhere along the way this forum strayed from what it was originally designed for from the original forum which was brilliant and quite popular.

There was a major split some years ago in this gaming community and 2 years is a spit in the ocean my friend with any website.

I have to agree with Mugen9s though... seniority should get priority no matter what.
Keep on gaming !

Aussie Dave aka One Mad Gamer

http://freewaregames.forumotion.com/

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 pm

The split appeared when Rudy could no longer update the website :( When Rudy couldn't update Caiman, people didn't come here any longer except to make use of the Help in Games sub-forum. I don't know how Namo feels about this, but I think we two have traveled right up to the end of the lane, and only Ibo can lift the gate that keeps us from continuing going on. For now, all we can do is hope that Ibo does his part. We contact him once a month to ask about the work done in the previous month, and unfortunately, progress is slow and we can't help him.

EDIT: Sorry for coming to the wrong conclusion in my last post.
Nyphoon

Aussiedave

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:56 pm

no Nicholas it was before that mate, way before that. Some good members were lost and I'm still on the search to find one of them to this day.

If you're all waiting on one person to get back to what Caiman used to be, you'll be waiting a long time, no offense Ibo.

You all need to ask yourself, What would you like Caiman to be? But in the end it is Ibo's decision.

All I've read for some time is a lot of wishy washy replies to up and coming game developers and members that submit games with no real goal or leadership, I have stuck my head in every now and then to see what's been going on. It has stagnated and someone needs to push forward to make things happen, you need do'ers.

If you want to become one of the most popular freeware game sites on the net once again then it needs to go further then just emailing Ibo. Do you understand what I'm trying to get across here?
Keep on gaming !

Aussie Dave aka One Mad Gamer

http://freewaregames.forumotion.com/

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 pm

I do. However, I, who am usually so inventive when it comes to ideas, am short of them. I mean, this is Ibo's site, Ibo's company. If he doesn't want to continue, we can't force him. If he doesn't want to work, we can't force him. Do you have any ideas?
Nyphoon

Return to “THE NOTICE BOARD”