NOTICE: More information about Rudy

You will find all forum information and announcements in here.
Dev
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

NOTICE: More information about Rudy

Postby Dev » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Dear forum members and visitors of Caiman,

Many of you have read Ibo's message on http://www.caiman.us about Rudy's illness.
This has raised some questions and I don't want to give people false hope or start rumors. For this reason I have asked Rudy permission to tell you more about his current condition.

It fills me with great sadness to inform you that Rudy is terminally ill with lung cancer. It isn't known how much time he has, but his illness is too advance to allow him to recover. I've been told that he is at peace with this fact. He is currently stable and resting in hospital with his pain under control.

Answering e-mail is difficult for him and I'm mostly dependent on Ibo for information but I will do my best to keep you updated.
Rudy means a lot to many people around the world and if you would like to show your support you may do this here.

Updates to Caiman aren't as frequent as they used to be but I hope you will continue to visit and support Caiman for the time to come. Ibo will try and update the site when possible and me and the forum staff will do our part here.

Thank you for your support,

Dev

update
On 3 February 2010, just after 1pm Belgian time, Rudy passed away in the presence of his family.

Rudy Versele 1957-2010

cj.

Re: NOTICE: More information about Rudy

Postby cj. » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:05 pm

I was deeply shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news. Rudy is one of the most kind and caring people I know and is much loved by so many. If you read this Rudy, please know that I am thinking about you and your family. I'm remembering all the conversations we had and how good a friend you've been to me.

With much love, cj

Mugen9s
Global moderator

Postby Mugen9s » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:17 pm

This is Extremely sad, I cant believe this is happening, Rudy means alot to me as well as many of us and I just dont know what to say.

Rudy I can only pray you are at peace with yourself and with your family. It was thanks to you back in 2006 that I even made it to caiman. You are a great friend and a amazing man. I just hope your remaining time is one that you makes you feel loved, happy and at ease.

You are a brilliant person and I can bet you Caiman will continue running and your amazing legacy will always be present.
R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:42 am

My words are similar to the two post's above, I am very shocked he will not be able to recover, all I know for sure is that Caiman won't be the same without him, he is a very gentle, caring and respectable person imo it's too sad to read that he will have to go like this.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:13 am

Rudy was a special person to me. Back in 2007 he helped me make my first game. He was always caring and kind. Caiman and Caifox will never be the same without him. He will always be in my prayers.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:13 pm

That´s very Sad , Caminan isn´t the Same without Rudy for sure. I was shocked too as i got the Info about him.
He is a nice guy and so kind to everyone who asked him something. Let´s hope that he can fight his illness to get well again.

I wish you the very best my friend Rudy :pals:
R.I.P. Rudy , you will never be forgotten :(

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Rudy will always be remembered. He was never mean, he was always forgiving and gentle. He had a sense of humour and charity that many people lack. Many people can take an example from Rudy, and should.

His passing will be a very sad moment in my and many of our lives, quite possibly the saddest moment in mine. He will be missed dearly...

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:29 pm

sorry to double post.

Dev, if you could get this to Rudy...

fullsize (2000-something by 1000-something)

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9Ga9V ... Zjc4&hl=en

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Nice picture Namo :) but it's missing a character... Oh yeah Megaman.

idealsoft

Postby idealsoft » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm really sorry for what is happening ... I do not know Rudy personally but I know him for the splendid work he has done on this site. Sorry for my bad English but I just wanted to leave a message of support and hope. Thanks Rudy for what you did for yourself and for others during these years.
Sincere thanks. Idealsoft

Return to “THE NOTICE BOARD”