NOTICE: More information about Rudy

You will find all forum information and announcements in here.
luna1sierra
Frequent visitor
Are you a spam bot?: NO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NOTICE: More information about Rudy

Postby luna1sierra » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:05 am

....I am broken hearted...Rudy and everyone helped me so much when we first learned joshoua ( our son ) is autistic...and then when my mom was so..ill and mentally gone..It will not be the same world without him...I am deeply sorry for your loss. Rudy was an outstanding person with a great sense of humor and fun...

snake_x86
Frequent visitor

Postby snake_x86 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:24 am

I'll always remember your high spirit, humor, cheerfulness Rudy.
I hope you find peace and better life in heaven.
you will live forever in our hearts, and your presence will stay forever with caiman.

Love and respect.
Ammar Harfoush, Dubai,United Arab of Emirates.
Rest in peace Rudy Versele ...

Namo
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Namo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:46 am

Rudy was a good friend to me and all of us here at the forum. He will be missed endlessly and this place will never be the same with out him. God rest his soul.

Love and great memories,
Donald Jones, 16, The United States of America

bessecar

Postby bessecar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:59 am

Thank You, Versele, for coming onto the forum. Blessings to you, Geert and Martin and all the family.

From what I have read here, Rudy was obviously a very special person.

Tony Furze (bessecar) Wokingham, UK living in Karachi,Pakistan.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 am

Rudy you were one of the most respectable person I ever seen on the internet as well as the most patient person too. Jean Pierre, Malta.

addled minds

Postby addled minds » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:39 am

Words are so few when it comes to trying to express who and what Rudy was. I don't think there is anyone occassion where he failed to make me smile. Either with his soft words of wisdom, his witty sense of humor, or a guiding hand in the right direction in the computer world. A rare diamond amoungst the rocks, and now a star that will shine forever brightly.

You are loved, Rudy, and you are so very much missed.
May you rest forever more.

Stella UK.

Alexitrón

Postby Alexitrón » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Mrs Hippy

Postby Mrs Hippy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Rudy, you were always a ray of sunshine in our lives, you made us laugh when we were down, always cared so much about everybody.

your picture quizzes were always fun and the nights in the quiz room were always better when you were there... POLAR BEARS !!!

you will be missed so much by many.
Love you, you will always have a fond place in our hearts

Faye & Sandra (England) xxxxxx
R.I.P Rudy xxx

dart
Caiman Moderator

Postby dart » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:06 pm

What sad news ...

I do not know much, but i will share some details how i come to know him...

We shared passion for games thats was all. So my post will be mostly about it.

I posted some suggestions in forum about games he could add to website. After few messages he suggested for me to become reviewer. I was not sure at that time i said i do not know Netherlands language (at that time most reviews were in two languages) nor i am native speaker. He assured me that it is not problem he will write in Netherlands and if he could find good translator from my native language to English i could even write in Lithuanian.

So i accepted i think i was 3rd reviewer after (Sam Argon and Mark S). First (i only mentioned name and download link in forum all other work by Rudy) attributed to me. I reviewed about 50 games. But again it easy for me to say reviewed we usually only provided links and few sentences and he still had to make proper size screenshots add all information to website, so even after review there was still much work to do for him. He never complained, asked more info. And was very surprised and i think happy while i tried to all work myself create all proper size screenshots, find all links etc.

I doubt i was active more than few years here. But still it wasn't only emotional pleasure, i received 100 or 200 (throw Western Union) dollars for being judge in first contents. Later he added my googleads to some pages and again i managed to make few hundred dollars from it. I never asked for money, but i was happy to receive it. He felt that my and perhaps others work (despite that what i done usually was my pleasure) have to be compensated.

I also noticed that he was talented, he managed to create games, better than most games on site in few weeks: , , , , , , .

About site and games. Well to say true 70 % games here are not worth attention. Still that means more than 1000 good games:). But again Rudy was very generous he usually give games 70 or 60 points despite their quality. And he never refused to add game when some 12-14 years kids submitted their Gamemaker experiments with riped graphics. And while most of the games here are worthless there many jewels between them.
. He translated game from Japanese and assembled map from 900 Screens.
Quadrax and other puzlle games .
Many other older good games even with average reviews are impossible to find (after authors homepage dies) anywhere except here.
While i like most lost passion for freeware games after few years Rudy kept his passion until end.

I hope Forum and site will continue to live in one way or another.

All the best for Rudy family.

dArt (Artūras) Lithuania
Last edited by dart on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LavaWave
Global moderator

Postby LavaWave » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:39 pm

It may be so that on Caiman there are rather crap games but it can't be worse then yoyo :D

btw dart you haven't posted much on Caiman forums, you only have 4 posts, IIRC you were more active on the old forum board before this one and I have no idea what happened to Agizzer, he doesn't even know about this topic I think.

Haven't seen Agizzer online since a long time that I can not remember myself.

Return to “THE NOTICE BOARD”