Urgent

You will find all forum information and announcements in here.
Nicholas
Site Admin
Are you a spam bot?: NO

Urgent

Postby Nicholas » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:57 pm

I feel I must post this here, in the notice board. As time flows by, I feel that caifox is being frequented less and less and less people are replying to topics. Post here any suggestions as to what can be done so that we attract more people and more people login here. My suggestions are in the next post.

Administrators, feel free to move this topic, as long as you think it is right.
Last edited by Nicholas on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nyphoon

R.I.P Rudy. You will always remain in our hearts and prayers.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Re: Urgent

Postby Nicholas » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:00 pm

I think that caiman.us is still being frequented by many people, so why not make a small part where the newest topics of this forum are shown. That way, people that visit the caiman.us site will know that we have a forum.

And for us members that feel we love caifox, try and login once a day, even if to comment on a single topic! That way other members feel that they are not alone...
Nyphoon

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks for your support Nicholas :)
I think it's a very good idea, but I'm not sure how easy it would be for Rudy to do that. It involves reading the most recent topics from the phpBB database.
Rudy is ill at the moment which is the reason he's not on much.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:56 am

Just another small idea. We make a small contest, a mini-game contest. First we advertise it, then about a week or two after, we start the contest. For a mini-game contest, a month should be enough, well, at least that is my opinion. I can take care of it if no one can.
Nyphoon

ClaytonPoweredUp
Caiman Moderator

Postby ClaytonPoweredUp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Love to help but my web is out, im currently at my dads.
I wanna be the one who fights for justice, I wanna be the one who fights for whats right!

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:53 pm

I'd love another mini contest but the last one I organised was a disaster :^:
I know Rudy suggested at the time to join in on a contest elsewhere as Caiman entries so we could actually win something.
We noticed that game makers tend to not finish their projects when there's nothing to win, which is a shame really.

Still open to ideas though :nod:

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Don't be hard on yourself. It wasn't your fault they stopped, including me. Why can't we make a small medal system so that everytime someone wins a contest, they get a medal under their avatar.
Nyphoon

Namo
Site Admin

Postby Namo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:18 pm

I could probably tell some of my friends about this place. But they haven't taken into consideration my previous reccomendations, hence why they STILL have not played Cave Story or La-Mulana.

On a similar note, one of the friends I could tell is into game making, so he may enter a contest, but he hasn't exactly gotten around to actually finishing any games, kinda like me.

Also, I have a contest suggestion. We could present a contest with no central theme? To be honest, I've always wanted to participate in one of the contests here, but the previous contest subject didn't interest me, and there could be others who share this opinion.

Furthermore, we could scrounge up some money and advertise on the web about Caiman. I mean, a website with over 3000 freeware games could take in quite a draw, and I'm surprised that there already aren't any advertisements.

And, since most of us are so in to facebook, myspace, etc, we (read: the people who have those things) could make a few mentions about the place on there every once in awhile.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:48 pm

I agree with you.
Nyphoon

Dev
Site Admin

Postby Dev » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:34 am

There are advertisements on Caiman, quite a lot actually :)
Rudy just chose to put them on the http://www.caiman.us front page rather than on the forum.

Anyway, I'll have a think about your contest idea. The problem with having no theme is that it is really hard to judge. Have a look at the Caiman Easter contest results http://www.caiman.us/ce2006/lijst.asp, though the theme was Easter any other game was allowed which made judging difficult.

Return to “THE NOTICE BOARD”